Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Star Lao Thai Restaurant (195 Hamilton Rd Fairfield NSW 2165)

If you're ever driving past Hamilton Rd, this little Thai/Lao restaurant is worth a try. My workmate has recommended this restaurant to me several times, telling me how cheap it is and how delicious their meals are! The restaurant is not very easy to spot, it isn't very fancy either but it feels comfortable and welcoming. I went on a Thursday night and it wasn't very busy. I went with my boyfriend and an old friend. We ordered a few dishes to share (I always order similar dishes at every Thai restaurant I go to). I enjoy trying the same dishes at different restaurants just to get a taste of how it is cooked :)


Fish Cakes (Tod Mun Plaa) - $8
These fish cakes were really spicy! My friend enjoyed it very much as she loves her spicy food. I'm not a big fan of spicy food as I have said in my previous entries however, if you do like spicy food why not try this out! 


Thai Fried Rice (plain-small) - $8
The fried rice tasted like normal fried rice that I eat regularly. It's no surprise to me. The flavouring was perfect, and the rice did not taste dry or hard. It was fried well and it was beautiful.


Spicy Squid - $13
I asked if I could get this dish without spice and they were okay with it so that made me happy. However, when I got it, it was very salty and moist. I love fried squid but this was a disappoint. Probably if it was tossed in chilli then it would've probably tasted better.


Ox Tongue - $9
The ox tongue was amazing! There were a lot of pieces to share with three people. Usually at other restaurants their proportions are smaller, but for this price and the amount of slices are just great! They were soft and easy to chew and tastes really well with sticky rice. 


Pad Se Ew (beef) - $10.10
I love pad se ew (usually seafood is better). I let my friend choose the flavour and she loves beef. There was a lot of flavour which was good and it was cooked well. I would definitely recommend this dish! 

There are desserts also available but we didn't try any. It wasn't as great of an experience as I thought it would be but it wasn't too bad. I would come back, but probably only during lunch. There are a lot of amazing reviews about this place, but this is just my opinion. Feel free to come and try this place if you are local! 

No comments:

Post a Comment